2017 Scholarship Opportunity Brought To You By Melody Lankford
The Melody Lankford Scholarship was initiated to help high school students, preferably in Volusia County, Florida to pay for their college expenses. The founder of this $1,000 scholarship believes that determined and hardworking students in Volusia County should not have to struggle to pay for their education. Ms. Lankford wants the winner of this annual scholarship to have the opportunity to attend college and to graduate with as little debt as possible.
The $1,000 Melody Lankford Scholarship is intended for high school students who attend or attended a Volusia County, Florida high school, and wants to attend a local college, such as Daytona State College, University of Central Florida, Bethune-Cookman, or another public Florida university. While this scholarship is intended for high achieving students, need also is taken into consideration.
In the words of scholarship founder Melody Lankford: “My law firm is aware that Volusia County, Florida has a high poverty rate, and I know that the best way to get out of poverty and improve your lift is to get a college education. I hope that this scholarship can help the winner achieve their educational dreams without financial challenges.”
Scholarship Is Free to Apply!
Requirements for the 2017 Melody Lankford Scholarship
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, you must meet the following requirements to be selected for the $1,000 award:
- You are a U.S. citizen or legal resident living permanently in the U.S.
- You are at least 18 years old.
- You attend or attended a Volusia County, Florida high school or local college.
- You are or will be enrolled part-time or full-time in an accredited college or university in Florida for 2016-2017.
- You earn less than $35,000 in per year.
- You apply using an active email address.
Melody Lankford Essay Topics
To win this $1,000 scholarship, you are required to complete an essay (written or video) about one of these topics:
- Lankford is especially interested in helping the people of Volusia County to escape poverty. How can the U.S. government reduce the poverty rate with better social policies?
- How do you intend to use your college education to help the people of this area?
- Detail the most difficult challenge facing the American education system today?
- What was the most formative experience of your life and why?
- Is the American Dream still open to most people in America?
Written Essay Requirements
Each scholarship essay must:
- Be your original work (cannot be copied or plagiarized).
- Typed in Microsoft Word.
- Use a 12-point font, single-spaced.
- Word count: 1,000 to 3,000 words.
- Be very creative and of high quality!
Video Essay Requirements
Students also may submit a video essay to the email address provided below that answers one of the essay subjects. The video needs to have your full name in the file name or the title. It must be 3-10 minutes long and include high audio and video quality.
Review the following application requirements:
- Select one of the essay topics.
- Complete your essay or video.
- Upload and email your completed essay to [email protected]
- Include your name, age, GPA, mailing address, and cell phone number in the email.
- All video submissions should include a link or the URL to the website hosting the original video in the application.
- Share your essay and experience applying for the scholarship on all your social media accounts.
- Remember, add our email address to your safe recipient list to receive all our correspondence.
- Check your inbox for any notifications or updates.
- You could be the winner of this $1,000 scholarship!
How We Choose the Scholarship Winner
Melody Lankford and her team of legal professionals are proud to select the winner of the Melody Lankford Scholarship. The scholarship winner will be selected within two weeks of the contest closing date and informed by email.
The Scholarship Winner on The Website
The winner of the 2017 Melody Lankford Scholarship will also be featured on the law firm’s website. Winning our $1,000 scholarship is a great accomplishment, and we want to celebrate your academic achievements for one full year. The winner must provide their full name, a brief bio, and a photo to be used on the website. You may also include a link to your resume or social media accounts. You will be a more competitive applicant to future schools or employers after being featured on our prestigious website.
Do you still have questions or comments about this scholarship opportunity? We are pleased to answer any questions you have. Please create an email and send it to the following address
[email protected] Please use the subject line, “Melody Lankford Scholarship Inquiry.”
Scholarship Application Deadline
Submissions for the Melody Lankford Scholarship will be accepted till June 1, 2017.
More Information for Participants
Do you have further questions about this scholarship? We are here to answer any questions you have. Please form an email and send to [email protected] Use this subject line please: “Melody Lankford Scholarship Inquiry.”
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Will I receive a call or letter in the mail if I win?
No. The winner of the 2017 scholarship offer will be contacted via email. Please check your email account frequently to see if you have won. The winner will be notified approximately one week after the scholarship deadline.
2. I would like to apply again. Can I submit another application for the same year?
No. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applicants interested in this scholarship, we can only receive one (1) application per student.
3. Do I have to attend school in Florida to apply for this scholarship?
Yes. Only currently enrolled students attending a public college or university in Florida are eligible to receive our $1,000 scholarship award.
4. What if I am only 17, will you still consider my application for the scholarship?
No. All applicants must be 18 or older to apply for this scholarship.
5. I want to follow-up on the status of my application. Can I contact Attorney Lankford directly?
Please email all correspondence and application inquiries to [email protected] We will respond to your questions or concerns as quickly as possible.
6. Does this scholarship have a minimum GPA requirement students must meet to apply?
No. The winner will be chosen based on their academic standing and essay. However, there are no official GPA requirements to apply. Like other scholarship opportunities, a GPA of 3.0 or higher is more competitive.
If you’re facing legal issues or just need some advice, I can help with: